1400 Historical Dates Of The Town and City of Bath, and Town of Georgetown,
From 1604 to 1874
Compiled & Published by Levi P. Lemont
USGENWEB NOTICE: In keeping with our policy of providing free information on the Internet, data may be used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material. These electronic pages may NOT be reproduced in any format for profit or for presentation by other persons or organizations.
Persons or organizations desiring to use this material for purposes other than stated above must obtain the written consent of the file contributor.
This file was contributed for use in the Ohio USGenWeb Greene County by: Chyrl Lawrence-Bulger
DATE OF BUILDING MEETING-HOUSES
1756—House at West Bath built. It was fallen down in 1822,and put up at Steam Mill point and used as a store house.
1802—Old North built. The first stove ever used in a church in Bath was put in this house in 1815. In 1803, Peleg Tallman, Esq.,presented the bell. This bell still rings  on the City Hall.
1804—Old South built. Bell presented by William King, Esq. In 1854, this church was burnt by a mob.
1816—Calvinist Baptist brick church built.
1820—Lower Methodist church built; enlarged in 1841.
1839—Universalist church on Front street built.1843—New Church temple built.
1843—Winter Street Congregational church built; enlarged in 1848.
1847—Central Congregational church on Washington street built.
1851—Unitarian church on Summer street built.
1852—Episcopal church on Oak street built.
1852—Free Baptist church on North street built. For several years previous tills society had worshiped in City Hall. This church was blown down in the evening of Sept. 8th, 1869, and rebuilt in 1870.
18--—Universalist church on Washington street built.
1852—Elm Street Baptist church built.
1853—Methodist church at the north end built.
1854—Weeks Street Free Baptist church built.
18--—Chapel at Winnegance built.
1856—Catholic church on High street built.
1870—Lower Methodist church built on the same lot as the old house,
which was sold to Preble & Dunton, and used as a grocery